Tuesday, September 05, 2006

9/05/06
First day with my new group of students!!! I must say that the vibe is positive and that these young adults seem to be relatively interested in at least some of the core political concepts. Today, I went over a powerpoint that I created to introduce the basic structural components of the courses. Several students posed interesting and compelling questions. I tried to really throw them some positive inputs as I am hopeful that the right combinations are in place allow me to make these courses into a kind of public forum as opposed to a typical top-down classroom structure. This semester, I am charged with teaching young people about two very closely alligned topics. Namely, political science and sociology. These subject matters allow students to offer inputs and even life experiences.